There are over 2 billion user who uses youtube annually and also more than 36 million people uses youtube on daily basis.
Here on this article we are going to discuss everything you need.
Setting up your youtube account or channel is let me say ” Easy ” . Youtube has a very friendly and nice user interface. Youtube is programmed with at least 65 major international language, and at least 4 local language based on your location, language barrier will never be a problem to you.
1. Choose Your Niche/Topic:
Niche Simply means what you are going to offer on youtube based on categories, example of niche include; Food And Nutrition, entertainment, comedy, technology, tutorials, health tips etc. Let me explain niche better.
Niche is something you are passionate about and ready to share it to others, for example again, if you are passionate about a personal computer software eg Coreldraw and you have shortcuts to make beautiful images or you are a cake baker, you can start making videos of your baking procedures or steps.
To enable you know your niche faster, try to figure out;
~ If there are somethings your friends and family member always ask for your assistance and you provided it with ease.
~ Are you good at cooking,graphics and web designing and host of others.
~ Is there something you love to share to the public.
When you have picked your niche then you have to make it out through videos.
Do you own a google account? If NO, Click Here to create one, if yes then continue reading and enjoy.
1. Visit the Youtube and click on Sign In button.
2. Login with your google account details.
3. Click on My Channel.
5. Click on Create Channel.
6. You have successfully created your channel.
7. Fill out your channel name according to your niche then add channel description.
Channel description tells your visitors what you offer. You can also tell your visitor your future information you will like to be providing them.
From the left Admin Panel, you will be redirected to a channel page where you can edit the description with ease.
Channel icon and arts makes your channel look unique and even professional, channel icon or art must be related to your niche, you might download the art or you do it yourself or hire a professional graphics designer, uploading your channel art, click on my channel at the top panel, there is a pencil-like edit button to upload icon and art.
Please Note Here:
Before getting a custom url you must have at least 100 subscribers, channel icon and art and your youtube account must be at least 30 days of age.
The default Url of your newly created channel will look like this:
Looking above the url looks very difficult to remember, then you will have to make it simpler, below are the steps to follow;
1. Click on top right channel icon, it looks like gear/setting icon. You will be redirected to your account setting.
2. Click on advanced, you will be given options to set your custom url, after setting up your url will be like this;
1. Give a user friendly name to the video you want to upload, before uploading it, something like this
dont give information needed by your visitor, but something like this;
provides information on what the video is all about.
2. Original video from scratch is required if you plan on earning with your videos, never upload copyrighted videos.
5. Add appropriate tags: tags are important to your videos as they serve as keyword.
6. Upload custom Thumbnail, it is advisable for you to add suitable thumbnail, than for youtube to add it for you from the video.
7. Finally, publish